Ok, so I was shopping this morning for Halloween Ribbon at Michaels and as I was leaving I saw these adorable Pails in a bin outside and they were only $1 each! I promptly picked up 3 of the 4 colors available and went back inside to purchsae them. I knew exactly what I was going to make. Trick or Treat sand Pails for my kids! When I tell you these were super easy I am not kidding!
Here are the materials you will need:
Cricut Expression, Create or V.1 Cricut
Sand Pail of your choice
Halloween ribbon in a variety of patterns and colors
- Remove the handle carefully from your sand pail. Set aside for reattachment once your project is complete.
- Using the Crop-a-dile, carefully punch holes in the rim spacing them evenly 3 to 4 holes per inch. Make sure you use reach far enough into the rim so the holes are sturdy. Continue punching all the way around. The more holes you create the fuller the ribbon will look later.
- Cut your ribbon into 5 inch section cut at an angle. This will help you thread the ribbon through the holes easier.
- Thread the ribbon through one at a time through your holes making sure to double knot the ribbon as you go. I found that it was easier to send the ribbon from the underside of the rim to the outside of the rim.
- Once you have all the ribbon tied, using a pair of sharp scissors, give your ribbon a "hair cut" Make sure you are cutting it at a nice angle.
- Re-attach the white handle and place handle up in the air and find the front center of your bucket.
- Using the Cricut Expression and the Pumpkin Carving Seasonal Cricut Cartridge, choose a Pumpkin Face that appeals to you and cut it at 6.5 inches out of the Black Vinyl. You will want to use the eyes, nose and mouth discarding the outside square for another project. (If you do not own the Expression, you can use the V.1 Cricut or the Create. Just cut your face at 5.5 inches instead.?)
- Re-checking where your center is, place your mouth on your bucket followed by the nose and eyes. Be sure to rub firmly to adhere the vinyl well.
- You now have a very inexpensive, adorable trick or treat bucket for your little ones or not so little ones! I know several high school and college students who would love to get a Pail full of Halloween goodies!
The Yellow Trick or Treat Pail
The Purple Trick or Treat Pail
The Orange Trick or Treat Pail
Another look at all the Trick or Treat Sand Pails!