As many of you know, I am Guest Designing over at Everyday Cricut this week! I am creating wonderful homemade gift ideas all week long and you don't want to miss out!
So be sure to head on over and check it out!
Sweet Snowman T-Shirt By Kendra Wiggins
Yudu Machine with New Screen Prepared with Emulsion
The Snow Friends Cricut Cartridge
Heat-N-Bond Fusible Adhesive
Various Fabric Scraps
Black, White, Orange and Pink Cross Stitch Thread with needle
Iron w/ Ironing Board
1. Cut the Snowman out of Black at 10 inches
2. Lay prepared screen over the image.
3. Set a Heavy Object on the top of the Machine and Press the Expose button to burn the screen.
4. This is what the Burned image looks like.
5. Using Running water, Rinse the unexposed or green area away. I find it easier to use a hand on either side of the screen to help rub the emulsion away.
6. Flood the Screen by gently pulling the inks across the screen.
7. Using even pressure scrape the ink across the screen.
8. Lift Screen and check out your image. The snowman turned out just perfect!
9. Cut the layers of the snowman at 10 inches. Using Steam-A-Seam, cut the layers out of paper and trace them. Select the desired colors of fabric for each layer. In this particular snowman, I did not use this eyes or mouth. Instead, I used the Cheeks as eyes and cut out smaller cheeks. I also make French Knots as the mouth and cut out a rounded carrot as the nose. The Shirt, Snowflake and shoes are all the original layers. Notice in the eyes, I put a small white French knot as the highlight. It is the small touches that will make people say WOW! Once you have your layers adhered, Blanket stitch around the edges to prevent fraying.